Saturday, January 25, 2014

One Week...

We are now just one week away from finding out whether or not Ray Guy will join the football immortals.

One Week.

Although he has been a finalist seven times, the Senior Committee could finally close the door on what Raider Nation, as well as NFL fans, have been wanting for a long time.

If elected into the Hall of Fame, I will be there. I have already booked my tickets and have the trip ready to go.

So should Guy.

Seven of the last eight senior committee nominations have gone on to the Hall of Fame, and his chances this year have been the best yet. There is nobody more deserving of this honor than Guy, and I am optimistic that he will be the first pure punter ever to be elected into the Hall of Fame.

Guy is said to be reserved, but I hope he begins to think about what he will say in his speech soon; what he will say to Raider fans, NFL fans, and punters at all levels of the game. I hope Ray has someone in mind as whom he would like to have represent him at his inauguration as well.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but time will tell.

One Week.